Setting up your POP mail account
You can configure up to three POP mail accounts. Follow these procedures for
each account. If you are going to set up multiple accounts, always set up POP
Account 1 first.
- Go to the 'Email settings' page.
- In the top navigation bar, click Check POP mail accounts.
* The 'POP account' page appears.
- For POP Account 1, type the POP server name.
* Find this out by contacting your ISP's customer service centre or your network
administrator. For example, it might be pop.your_isp_name.com.au.
* Note that for work email addresses there might be security precautions in
place that do not let you access your POP account from the Internet. Check
with your network administrator.
- Type your POP user name.
* Your POP user name is the name you use to log in to that particular email
account. It is the part of the the email address that comes before the @ sign.
- Type your POP user password.
* It is the password you use when you log in to that particular email account.
- The Port Number field shows 110 as the default port number. Leave this as
is unless your ISP or network administrator tells you to type a different
- If you want to keep your emails on the POP server, leave the
check box checked. Every time you log check your POP mail, all of your emails
will be downloaded.
If you want to delete your emails from the POP server after
they are downloaded to here, clear the check box.
- If you want to set up another account, go to step 1.
- Click OK.
* A message appears at the top of the page telling you that the preferences
- Click Continue.
- Check your POP mail works by reading
your POP mail.
If you would like more help using eKit, feel free to contact Customer
Service by sending an email to email@example.com
Copyright © 1999 - 2009 ekit.com Inc.